Marriage is an exciting time for all involved and remember, it’s your special day. It’s important that your ceremony flows in a style that suits you both. With this in mind I’d like to encourage you to work closely with me in putting together a ceremony that will always be remembered. Ceremonies can be formal, but can also be more relaxed if that’s what suits you.
A Civil Marriage Celebrant has certain obligations under the Marriage Act 1961 and these will be explained to you at your first meeting. Other than the few legal requirements that need to be in there, the marriage ceremony is totally your choice.
You will be supplied with samples of ceremonies and verses that can be used, however you are not obliged to use any of them. Additionally, you could mix and match parts of ceremonies to arrive at the most suitable ceremony for your particular requirements. It may well be that you are able to compose your complete ceremony and this is acceptable providing it complies with the obligations of the Marriage Celebrant under the Marriage Act.
Family and friends can also be involved. You can have certain readings or verses that you would like them to read for you. Some couples arrange for music to be played at the ceremony, this could be taped music; it could be a trio of musicians or even a Piper. I have a portable PA system that we can play your music through as well. Almost whatever it takes to complete your special day is possible. At the completion of the ceremony you will be required to sign the Marriage Register and Marriage Certificates, together with two witnesses and the Marriage Celebrant.
Click here for a Summary of the process
Click here for Legal Requirements for marrying in Australia
NIM 20005 to download a Notice of Intent to Marry form
TOTAL FEE $900 – $350 non refundable deposit and $550 to be paid a week before the ceremony
WEEKDAY $800 if you marry between Mon – Thurs – $300 non refundable deposit and $500 to be paid a week before the ceremony
● Who You Are – What are your names?
● The Ceremony Date, Time & Location
● You’ll tell me all about you, & the type of ceremony you want
● I’ll outline the whole legal ceremony process for you
● You can ask as many questions as you like & I’ll happily answer them
● I’ll invoice you a deposit + some inspirational stuff
● You’ll pay the deposit and giggle over some of the funny vows I sent
● I’ll email your personalised draft & will take care of all legal paperwork
● I have a bit of OCD so I love to be involved with the finer details
● No question is a silly question so ask me anything – anytime, ok?
● I can help if you get stuck with anything tricky or overwhelming
● This is where we sign all legal documents
● You can make any last minute edits to your ceremony
● And we practice the ceremony so you’re less nervous on the day
● I get there early to hold the space as your guests arrive
● You get married with a perfect ceremony that you + your guests love
● I take care of all remaining legal paperwork by lodging it with BDM
“Your search for a celebrant is over ….Book Patty, and you’ll never look back! From the moment we met, we knew Patty was the one to save us from the intense stress of planning our wedding! She took care of us like we were family & we felt blessed to have her guiding us into married life. Her professionalism is outstanding , but more importantly her personality is one of a kind. She took great care to give us a heartfelt, memorable and unique ceremony. Thankyou Patty, you’re the best!”KAT AND REECE
KATHERINE AND ROB
“Patty – I didn’t see you before you left 😟 thank you for making our ceremony so amazing, relaxed and welcoming. Everyone i spoke to said how amazing you were and they loved the way you spoke & said it was one of the best ceremonies they have been too!! I cannot thank you enough it was such a beautiful moment for us xxx“
I’d love to hear about your wedding ceremony plans. Why don’t you message me to see if I’m available on your special day?